Ski week on the Roumelian Alps
WAYOUT Adventures selected the so called Roumelian Alps to organize yet another Ski touring - Splitboarding trip. Just a few hours from the capital city, the mountains of Parnassos, Vardousia and Kaliakouda promise unique mountain climbs and wonderful snow-capped landscapes.
Trip Duration: 4 Days
Activity: Ski touring
Difficulty rate: Intermediate
Period: January - April
In the central part of the country - geographic department of Sterea Ellada – there is a mountainous range of more than 35 different mountains, also known as the mountains of Roumeli, with a common feature being their great development and dolomite character. Among them, we find one of the most popular winter destinations for mountaineering and skiing activities.
Parnassus, the mountain of light, myth and mysteries, hosted on its slopes the most important religious-political center of antiquity, Delphi.
Varchousia, multi-faceted and complex, full of alternations and visual surprises, made geology synonymous with lapidary. Finally Kaliakouda, the imposing tooth of Evritania. Canyons, imposing peaks and fir forests make up the terrain where the historical battles of modern Hellenism were held.
Mountaineering skiing / splitboard. The ultimate escape means
As a way of escaping from large urban centers, and not just during the winter season, mountaineering skiing with appropriate knowledge and familiarization with the winter environment may be carried out in areas with sufficient snow cover and for periods much longer than those of the organized skiing centers. It is an activity more complete than a day of skiing in a ski resort without waiting in the lane queues. Ski mountaineering may also be done through crossing (from a specific point - ie a mountainous village - to another), or through ascending and coming downhill.
The price includes:
- Helmet with straps & ski mask
- Touring skis with runaway Straps or ski brakes, ski touring boots, ski poles, climbing skins (or splitboard equipment)
- Mountaineering backpack 45-50L
- Mountaineering Ice Axe, Crampons & Harness
- Climbing materials, carabiners, quickdraws, belay device, descender etc.
- Avalanche rescue package (Transceiver, Probe, Shovel)
- Headlamp, sunglasses, GPS, lighter, pocket multitool
- Personal pharmacy kit & sunblock for face and lips
- Waterproof Gloves, Beany, Buff, Socks (2 pairs)
- Thermal underwear base layer (2 pairs)
- Soft Shell Jacket or similar (2nd layer)
- Waterproof and breathable mountaineering jacket and pants (3rd layer)
- Hydration equipment + energy snacks
- Sleeping bag (optional)
- Repair Kit, Extra batteries + Personal belongings