Ski exploration of Pindos alpine terrain
There is no way WAYOUT Adventures would miss out on a Ski touring - Splitboarding trip on the mountain ridges of Pindos. Mountaineering and downhill skiing at Tymphi, Tzoumerka and Lakmo are a unique experience that no skiers should go without.
Trip Duration: 4-5 Days
Activity: Ski touring
Difficulty rate: Intermediate
Period: January - April
In the heart of Pindos, the largest mountain range in Greece, among landscapes of rare natural beauty, steep ravines, rivers and traditional stone-built villages, rise the alpine Greek jewels. Tymphi (2,497m), Tzoumerka (2,393m) and Lakmos (2,294m). Three mountains large alpine terrain lovers should not, under any circumstances, miss. This magnificent image is complemented by an alpine lake at 2,050m, a warm and welcoming shelter and a number of archaeological and cultural attractions that make your visit to the area a complete travel experience.
Mountaineering skiing / splitboard. The ultimate escape means
As a way of escaping from large urban centers, and not just during the winter season, mountaineering skiing with appropriate knowledge and familiarization with the winter environment may be carried out in areas with sufficient snow cover and for periods much longer than those of the organized skiing centers. It is an activity more complete than a day of skiing in a ski resort without waiting in the lane queues. Ski mountaineering may also be done through crossing (from a specific point - ie a mountainous village - to another), or through ascending and coming downhill.
The price includes:
- Helmet with straps & ski mask
- Touring skis with runaway Straps or ski brakes, ski touring boots, ski poles, climbing skins (or splitboard equipment)
- Mountaineering backpack 45-50L
- Mountaineering Ice Axe, Crampons & Harness
- Climbing materials, carabiners, quickdraws, belay device, descender etc.
- Avalanche rescue package (Transceiver, Probe, Shovel)
- Headlamp, sunglasses, GPS, lighter, pocket multitool
- Personal pharmacy kit & sunblock for face and lips
- Waterproof Gloves, Beany, Buff, Socks (2 pairs)
- Thermal underwear base layer (2 pairs)
- Soft Shell Jacket or similar (2nd layer)
- Waterproof and breathable mountaineering jacket and pants (3rd layer)
- Hydration equipment + energy snacks
- Sleeping bag (optional)
- Repair Kit, Extra batteries + Personal belongings